DEP Focus on Energy eNewsletter
FOCUS ON ENERGY eNewsletter
Happy Holidays! Enjoy a safe and happy New Year.
Funding is still available for the following DEP programs:
- Small Business Advantage Grant for energy efficiency or pollution prevention projects
- Agricultural Energy Efficiency Rebate for ag producers
- DC Fast Charging and Hydrogen Fueling Grant program is open and accepting applications until 1/31/2022
PA Conservative Energy Forum Supports Solar Energy Development As Economic Driver And Benefit To Landowners
Millions Of Gallons Of Conventional Oil & Gas Wastewater Spread Illegally On Dirt Roads, Companies Fail To Comply With DEP Waste Regulations
The cost of this year’s 10 worst climate disasters: $170 billion
Sunbury Daily Item: Are we ready for wind? (LTE)
What’s behind the increases in your utility bills? Everything but fuel cost
Lawmakers consider bill to account for cleanup when developing renewable energy projects
Bloomsburg Press Enterprise: Two municipalities approve regulation of solar energy
2021 Initiatives By The Biden Administration, Congress Make Historic Investments In Cleaning Up PA’s Environment; How To Invest $11 Billion Remains Up In The Air [PaEN]
TOOLS & RESOURCES
Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency | ENERGY STAR
WEBINARS, EVENTS & TRAINING
U.S. DOE Better Buildings Webinar Series
To browse all upcoming webinars, see the calendar view. To explore past webinars, click here.
- 1/11/2022, GLASS HALF-FULL: HOW WATER REDUCTION SUPPORTS RESILIENCY, COST SAVINGS, AND OCCUPANT HEALTH at 11am
- 2/1/2022, PV VALUATION: HOW SOLAR PV ADDS VALUE TO YOUR ASSETS at 11am
- 2/15/2022, SHELTER FROM THE STORM: POWERING COMMUNITY RESILIENCE HUBS at 11am
- 3/1/2022, WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER: CREATIVE PROJECT AND PROCESS IMPLEMENTATION at 11am
- 3/15/2022, COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL SOLAR: STATE OF THE MARKET AND SOLAR LEASE BEST PRACTICES at 11am
- 4/15/2022, LOW CARBON TECHNOLOGIES: STRATEGIES FOR DIFFERENT BUILDING TYPES at 11am
Register for upcoming events: https://betterbuildingssolutioncenter.energy.gov/better-buildings-webinar-series
ENERGY STAR webinars, January 2022 (free but registration required)
◦ January 5, 2022, 12:00pm, Portfolio Manager 101
◦ January 6, 2022, 1:00pm, Updated 1-100 ENERGY STAR Score for Medical Office Buildings
◦ January 10, 2022, 1:00pm, Building Performance Standards and Ways to Meet Them
◦ January 11, 2022, 12:00pm, Portfolio Manager 201
◦ January 18, 2022, 1:00pm, Streamline Portfolio Manager Data Entry with Web Services
◦ January 18, 2022, 1:30pm, Energy Benchmarking as a Service with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
◦ January 19, 2022, 12:00pm, Portfolio Manager 301
Register, go to: https://esbuildings.webex.com/mw3300/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esbuildings&service=6
Test Your Energy Awareness!
Answer to last month’s question:
How much can you save using LED lights on your Christmas tree vs. traditional incandescent lights?
80-90% is correct
This Month’s Question:
True or False.
Most electric vehicle (EV) charging takes place along a highway.
(answer to this month’s question will appear in next month’s eNewsletter)
Disclaimer: DEP is listing these articles and websites for your information only and is not endorsing any commercial product, service, enterprise, or opinion included in this email.
I am the DEP Northcentral region energy program specialist with DEP’s Energy Programs Office. We are the Commonwealth’s state energy office, and receive annual funding from the Federal Department of Energy’s State Energy Program for a variety of initiatives. My intention in providing these eNewsletters is to share information on topics including energy efficiency, energy management, alternative & renewable energy, and related topics that may be of interest and help in management of your facility. I will also share information on energy-related studies and policies, and funding announcements.
Please feel free to reply and let me know if you have suggestions, questions or items you want to have listed in next month’s newsletter. Also let me know if you would prefer not to receive these e-mail messages. Thank you.
Michelle Ferguson | Energy Program Specialist
Department of Environmental Protection | Energy Programs Office
North Central Regional Office
208 West Third Street Suite 101 | Williamsport PA 17701