Event Request For Temporary Street Closure or Restricted Use

If you are having an event in the Borough which requires road closures or restricted use to Borough roadways, then you need to complete an  application .  This application needs to be submitted to the Borough Office as soon as possible, but no less than 90 days prior to your event. (Approval or denial of any application is done at Borough Council meetings which are the first Monday of every month with exception of holidays.)

Prior to submitting the road closure request to the Borough, the applicant must coordinate with the Selinsgrove Police Department, Selinsgrove Fire Department, Selinsgrove Fire Police, and Selinsgrove Borough Public Works Department before the request will be granted by the Borough Council.  The application must be completed in its entirety prior to submitting to the Borough Office.

Additionally, the event requiring the road closure must be insured and list the Borough of Selinsgrove as an additional insured. The Certificate of Insurance must accompany your completed application.  Please be aware there may be additional costs to consider when having an event that closes the roadway such as traffic control, trash removal, signage, etc. These costs may be billed to the applicant if the Borough incurs expenses due to the event needing the closure unless other arrangements have been made in advance.

If your event in any way includes a PennDOT roadway, then you will need to also complete the required PennDOT Special Event Permit TE-300 .  It may be beneficial to set up a meeting with the Borough Manager to assist with this paperwork once you’ve received Borough approval. This permit approval from PennDOT can take up to 90 days so be sure to get  both closure applications into the Borough at least 90 days in advance. These types of events will need approval from PennDOT and the Borough so you will also need to follow the Borough road closure process as described above. PennDOT will also require proof that PennDOT is included as an additional insured as well.

If you have questions, please contact the Borough Office.