https://selinsgrove.org/wp-content/uploads/logo.png 0 0 Carrie Briggs https://selinsgrove.org/wp-content/uploads/logo.png Carrie Briggs2020-05-18 16:08:412022-04-27 10:18:22COVID-19 Update
In light of the new measures recommended by the Federal Government and Governor Wolfe moving Snyder County to the yellow phase, the Borough of Selinsgrove has taken the following action.
- The Borough Office and the Borough Maintenance Shed will remain closed to public access. The Borough employees will be accessible by phone or email only during normal business hours. Any updates to this schedule will be posted on the Borough’s website.
- Customers are asked to either mail utility payments or to drop their utility payment into the water bill drop box located off Union Alley at the Municipal/Library Building.
- Selinsgrove Borough facilities will remain closed until the county reaches the green status.
- Recycling is temporarily suspended until further notice. (This program is dependent upon the landfill resuming normal operations. The landfill is beginning operations but have requested that the Borough coordinate opening services with other local operations. The landfill has also requested that any household with the Covid virus deposit their recyclables into the garbage. The landfill advises that they may have to decline acceptance of the recycling if they are overwhelmed. The Borough wants to open successfully and not have to shut down again within a few weeks.)
- Street Cleaning is being resumed during the early morning. No violations will be given at this time.
- Public Works employees will maintain all required utility operations while practicing CDC recommended precautionary measures.
- The Annual Spring Cleanup has been postponed, not cancelled at this point. We will work with the contractor to provide this service at a later date.
- The bike auction has been postponed at this time.
- Residents are encouraged to practice social distancing, wear face masks and other recommended precautions.
- We appreciate your patience as we all work together to navigate these uncharted waters. We will continue to provide updates for our services on our website as we obtain more information from the State and Federal Governments.
Please contact the Borough Office for more information at 570-374-2311.