Recycling Drop-Off Center
West Sassafras Street
Every Thursday—8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
First & Third Saturday of each month -
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon
(Closed on Holidays-No Make Up Day)
(Closed-November 26th-Thanksgiving Day)
1. Tin/Steel Cans: (Rinsed Cans Only) No scrap metal, paint or aerosol cans.
2. Aluminum: (Rinsed Cans Only) Beverage cans. No foil, paint, aerosol cans or scrap metal.
3. Glass: Clear, Blue/Green and Brown: (Rinse and remove caps.) Jar and bottle form only. No window glass, dishes, drinking glasses or candle jars.
4. Plastics: Nos. 1’s and 2’s: (Rinse.) Bottle shaped, mouth smaller than body. (No motor oil, brake fluid, antifreeze, or chemicals.)
5. Corrugated Cardboard (Breakdown) and Paperboard: No waxed cardboard. Examples of paperboard are as follows: Toilet paper/paper towel rolls, soda boxes, cereal boxes, shoe boxes, tissue boxes, junk mail including window envelopes, etc.
6. Hi-Grade Office Paper: Full sheets or shredded. (No plastic window envelopes, oak tag paper, paper back books or hard cover books.)
7. Newspapers: Must be clean and dry. (Remove all glossy inserts and put with magazines.) Not tied or in bags.
8. Magazines, Catalogs & Phone Books: Must be clean and dry. Not tied or in bags.
9. Batteries: Vehicle type batteries only.
10. Plastics: Co-mingled: (Rinse.) All plastics #3-9 (except 1's & 2's in bottle form, see #4 above.) Clamshells, buckets (without metal handles), yogurt cups, butter cups, lids, medicine bottles, hard plastics, PVC and industrial plastics, etc.
NOTE: NO drop-off prior to or after scheduled times. Violators will be prosecuted. Residents must separate recyclables and deposit items in appropriate containers provided.
HAND UP FOUNDATION RECYCLING PROGRAM
Hand Up Foundation from Milton and the Borough of Selinsgrove are partnering together to provide recycling for paper/documents for shredding, Styrofoam, Freon products (refrigerators, air conditioners, dehydrators, etc.), and large non-Freon appliances (washers, dryers and stoves) for no charge. Hand Up will also be accepting large TV's for $6.00 and smaller TV's for $3.00 and small appliances such as microwave and toaster ovens for $3.00.
The program will begin Saturday, April 1, 2017 and will continue on the first Satruday of each month from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in front of the Borough Shed/Recycling Center on Sassafras Street. Hand Up Foundation will only accept the items listed above on the first Saturday of each month when a Hand Up Foundation representative is present. This program is being held on a trial basis for a short period of time.